Friday, April 15, 2011

My Big ol' Baby

Golden Retrievers are the biggest babies ever.  Cooper acts like he is a 5 pound lap dog most of the time.  I can’t figure out if he actually thinks he is a tiny dog or if he just really wants to be a tiny dog.  Cooper has gotten into the habit of trying to be a sneaky ninja retriever and creeping into bed when we aren’t paying attention.  We will be laying there watching TV or reading- the next thing we know Cooper is beside us and we can’t recall how long we have been absent mindedly petting him.  We have a good morning and bed time routine of giving him hugs and kisses.  Cooper comes around to each side of the bed and wraps his paw around us and gives us a kiss as we go to bed and wake up- it’s pretty sweet.
    The other night we were watching TV on the couch when Cooper started feeling extra needy.  He normally lays in the floor when we are in the living room, but this particular evening he climbed onto the couch and plopped down right in my lap.  Nothing exciting was happening- we weren’t giving Riley any attention, so I guess he just decided that he needed some lovin’ from momma bear.   It was so sweet I couldn’t find it in my heart to make him get down.  I just wrapped my arms around him and snuggled for a bit.  He always does the same for me when I am feeling extra needy and need a Cooper hug  J

No comments:

Post a Comment